The Aleen Steinberg Visitor Center, located at the High Falls Access Area*, opened to the public on July 1, 2013 and is staffed by dedicated volunteers with extensive knowledge of the forest. It is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily from March 15 to Dec. 31. From Jan. 1 to March 14 it is open on weekends only from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What can I find at the center?
- Trail maps and other publications.
- Directions to popular forest features.
- Information on local off-forest attractions.
- Public restrooms are located adjacent to it.
- Free Wi-Fi internet access.
- Pickup location for pre-arranged permits.
A large trash bin is located near the visitor center. Trash cans are not available at other forest locations so we encourage all visitors to take their trash with them when they leave.
* At 89 Buck Forest Road, Cedar Mountain, NC 28718.